Friday 7 January 2011

Watching the Robin through the window eat as it watched me, on a day of snow and lovers

You bravely bared your heart on your breast
on the silk of snowy sheets, on the bed where,
outside – your breath melting the cold air – and lying;
the clear blue sky
betrayed lovers of warmth. There was just
the transparency of glass between me and you, like the silent whispers of mistresses
fading like dying embers. I couldn’t see
what was in your mouth, because, inside, I was
unsure what was on the table. Or even
if you loved like I love. I was
watching you to see.

Watching you to see
if you loved like I love, I was
unsure what was on the table, or even
what was in your mouth, because, outside, I was
fading like dying embers I couldn’t see.
The transparency of glass – between you and me – like the silent whispers of mistresses’
betrayed lovers. Of warmth, there was just
the clear blue sky;
inside, your breath melting the cold air; and lying
on the silk of snowy sheets on the bed where
you bravely bared - your heart on your breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment