Sunday 2 January 2011

Tears

I see you've been crying again,
those dry channels from your eyes
run to cheeks puffed red,
and your skin is scarred by tissues
(micro-chasms of stressed blood
run too close to the surface.)

Via The Pills, or The Lack,
the unstrung feelings unravelled,
you were taking them back,
untrapping them in each drop,
but soaking them with your
hooded pillow in the dark.

You broke The Treaty with the big D,
and cried in my eyes till I stung,
your tears more voluminous with each blink
drowning the sinkhole of my mouth
- an undiverted question mark
I had to wipe from my eyes.

But then it turned incidental,
like milk in the sun,
or a flaccid exclamation
of a love no longer valid
and a hunger to sell
our house of faded dreams.

I became an abstraction in your mind,
a distraction in your bed;
the infraction of my head,
enough to make you blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment