Tuesday 25 January 2011

ClassWork: Week 1: Monologue

Kacey's Monologue


Dad is snoring, again, but worse than that it's so cold. Three blankets, feotal position, feet still cold, hardly slept. Must be nearly dawn, time to milk the cows, what's the point of just lying here, will never sleep, will have to get up soon. I know. Yes. I've wanted to since I got here, can't believe I haven't done it already really, just stupid, now's as good a time as any I guess, jesus it's cold, where's my shoes? I hope my socks are by them, yes, good. Shoes on. Open the door, don't wake family, stupid latch always drops down so loudly. Christ it's colder out here, of course it is, Kacey, stupid, my eyelashes will freeze! Mum's coat, that'll help, right, up we go. I hope there's no bears in that dark, dad would probably kill me if he knew I was out here... oh well... hopefully it will be worth it. Funny, can't smell the woods or the shit in this cold. Up, up, whistle... gotta find a nice spot, maybe where Jodie and I hung out the other day, that had a good view, it still looks really dark though, maybe it's not nearly dawn, look at all the stars, I wonder what they're called, so much better than the city, no yellow fog in the sky, I wonder what all these stars are, wish I knew, should've listened, no - should've taken astronomy after school ha-ha, like all the nerds, wonder what Darren would've made of that, he prob would've laughed. This it? Think this is it. It really had better be dawn, I don't wanna sit here too long, I'll prolly freeze my tits off, where's that rock, any rock, sit on a rock, sit here and wait, God, wish I wasn't alone, would be better if Darren were here, ha as if he'd let me enjoy this anyway, he'd be all over me, yes, that's right, Kacey, you're just that irresistable, haha.
Quiet.
What was that? Please be a squirrel or something tiny, I wish it was sunrise already, dammit. Time to rise, Mr Sun before the bad things get me before Mr Bear creeps up behind me, or Mr Yeti, or worse isn't this when abductions happen, any of those stars could be UFOs in disguise. NEVER TO BE AGAIN, KACEY DISAPPEARS, EXPECT EATEN BY BEARS. But it was the aliens really. Stop getting in underneath, Mr Cold. Stop scaring yourself, nothing there, not here or right there. Nothing. What's that? It looks a bit brighter down there, can't be my eyes getting used to the dark can it? I couldn't see that before.
Ssshhh

Ssh







Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment