Tuesday 11 February 2020

Review: A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold

A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Storm of Swords - FINALLY! These books are so long; been trudging through from book one since the middle of last year, and now finally up to where it starts going downhill in the TV show. Everything happened in Blood & Gold, and seemingly all at once, after two and a half books worth of build-up. I can only imagine how a virgin to the story must've felt after domino after domino got knocked down. So many great scenes. So many great character interactions. And so consistent with character, too! That's what I appreciate most. All the events are earned - each character is their own person with their own motivations, and when an event unfolds it feels character-driven, rather than the author's plot coercion.

It's time for a break now, so I can crack on with checking out some fellow indie's work (and also so I can read the next 2 books after book six gets a release date).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment