Tuesday 12 July 2016

Goodreads blogging

I'm now blogging on Goodreads! here's the first.

Congratulations to everyone following me before the inevitability of my novel The Risen becoming this summer's blockbuster. You'll be able to say you were there on the ground floor - the very first of my amazing, loyal, well-adjusted and highly informed fans.

I can see it now; you're sly, knowing look as someone around the water cooler mentions my book in passing - this new kid on the block. You'll nod and skulk away with a grin on your face, remembering you were the first review, the first star-rating. You began the groundswell of success.

Maybe you'll get a little jealous. Maybe you'll think you deserve a little of that sweet Kindle Unlimited pot. Maybe you'll track me down, bundle me into a van, tie me up and perform horrific acts on me until I relent and agree to have your name in my next novel.

I guess time will tell on that. One thing's for sure: I thank you for following, and for taking a punt on an unknown writer without a star or review to his name. I'm sitting here, seeing the pagereads and wondering - Are they enjoying it? Are they moved or vaguely interested at all? Time will tell on all that while I wait for the reviews to trickle in. Be sure to let me know what you think.

If you entered the Goodreads Giveaway - and indeed if you won - thanks again and congratulations. Signed copies will be in the post on Monday. I'll have the tracking info, so if you get worried, drop me a message or comment and I will see why the postal service is being slow!

Spirits of Eden

There's another novel incoming - hopefully in a couple months. So soon, yes. But I'm a frustrated 33-year-old writer with 23 years' worth of ideas to fulfill. And so the journey begins now, and I hope you'll follow me. Spirits of Eden is a ghost story set on the Frontier, In Montana, where the Frontier itself is the narrator, and where past and present merge. I'll post more info as it develops, including extracts. 

Well, it's Sunday, and the roast is waiting. Not long now until I can afford a live-in chef. Until then - I best go get my hands dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment